Friday, May 20, 2011

Angst, in 7th Grade

Yes, I know what you are thinking: You aren't in 7th grade, and how can you even remember that far back?! Well, the truth is, my friend, that I am very much in 7th grade right now. It is currently 10:56 am, and I am giving my students a work day to complete their essays. Too kind, right? Yeah, I think so too some times. But part of me says, "Fuck it; they're all done with any testing that needs to be completed so what else do they need to learn??" Yet the other part says, "Work those little fuckers till they bleed! They can rest during summer because it's not like they really worked hard throughout the year anyways." I'm leaning towards the boot-camp-ass-kicking part of myself...

The thing is, I was NEVER like this when I was in school. Yeah, I may have socialized at inappropriate times but I was always respectful, always did my work, and always studied for my tests. These kids, these little half-assed morons, just don't give two shits about anything other than whatever drama is in their life for that week. I have never seen kids bitch and moan to Mommy and Daddy so much in my entire life. I wonder if they really think that it's going to fly in high school. It makes me sad to think about it, because those kids don't even stand a chance in the world for success. You can't keep your child underneath an umbrella their whole life and expect them not to be afraid of a little rain. Let your children learn the hard lessons now when you actually have some semblance of control over the situation rather than letting them learn it later on in life when they really don't care what you have to say about anything. It's scary to think that maybe one of these kids could be a leader of my country in the future. You can't put a band-aid over a gaping hole, so parents just watch the scratch before it gets to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment